Sunday, July 7, 2019

New Website + New Blog

I've been wanting to open my own personal website and blog for a while now and today's finally the day it happened! YESSS! I know, I know it looks lame and not like many other great websites out there today but I'm proud of myself that I made my own functioning website. Many thanks to "w3schools" for teaching me even more about html and how they work. Also big shoutout to neocities for not being like those other websites like webs or weebly that have those ugly and lame templates. I'm personally not a fan of those at all. For blogs such as this one however.  I like it. Makes me feel nostalgic.

So yeah, why did I make a website and what is it's purpose? I believe for an artist such as myself, it's good to have your own website. A great way to advertise yourself. If a significant person, lets say a hiring manager of an big animation studio. They're interested in your work and want to know more about you and where to reach out. Would it look more professional to just give them your twitter handle or deviantart profile? I don't think so.  That's how I see it at least. Correct me if i'm right or wrong. Please! x)

Okay but... Why a weblog? Good question! I am aware that a majority people today on the internet really don't care about blogs since social media has pretty much taken over. But I don't care. Even if no one out there read these, I'd like to have one to tell stories and experiences that aren't on Twitter, Instagram, or whatever other socializing sites I'm active on. Years from now I imagine myself looking back on this reading posts and feeling nostalgic. Maybe some random bystander comes upon this and hopefully motivates or put them in a good mood or something. I don't know. I just want my own weblog, okay? x) Will I all of a sudden stop caring and abandon this? Most likely tbh but I sure hope not. If I ever make it big, this would make a great reading and show how much I've evolved as an artist and functioning member of society.

 In the future, I do plan on having my own domain to make it look more professional and serious but for now, this'll do. Here's a bullet list of some things I plan on adding this summer:

  • Additional information about myself in the About section.
  • Fanart button in the Art section?
  • E-mail contacting
  • Other stuff I want to keep secret.

Thanks for reading!
-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment