Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Creating Art Can Be Really Frustrating...

I really need to vent about this somewhere besides my socials or discord since I complain about it all the time. Creating art is frustrating. After a nice snack or walk through the park, you’re in the mood to create something in your sketchbook. You sharpen all your pencils, grab all your supplies, and turn to the next page of your book. A clean blank white page ready to be drawn on... Then you just sit there. Everyone goes through this, even you, the reader. Art block has affected so many artists. It’s like a virus that just won’t go away and only does every week or so(and occasionally late at night). Just yesterday I was trying to make a new drawing. All that happened was just me sitting there thinking about it and there are two reasons why I acted like that. One is because I'm nervous of how it'll turn out. I want it to look the best it can be to me, my friends and my family. Two is because I really don't want to waste more pages and space in my sketchbook whenever I mess up. Saving money is something I really need to learn and adapt to. College is coming up and tuition ain't cheap these days along with supplies and transportation.



So how can I help get rid of art block? Honestly, I don't know... Many people out there say to stop drawing for today and do something else you like or to look at work of people you look up to. Personally, they don't work that much for me nowadays but by chance they work for you, GREAT! I'm glad it does. What sometimes helps for me is when I'm chatting with my friends on discord, watching TV or going out for a walk. But that's to get my mind off of drawing. I can already see myself struggling to make my own ideas and drawings in college. Yikes...

No comments:

Post a Comment