Thursday, August 29, 2019

Yesterday Was One of The Greatest Days of My Life!

Been a while since I've posted anything in my own blog huh?
Whatever. So much has happened yesterday and I just really want to share my experience. As most of you already know, I will be studying Cartooning at The School of Visual Arts in NYC. I've been wanting to attend there for years now and it has became a reality! Holy crap! During that day, Orientation week was going on. It's a week long event full of fun stuff to do around Manhattan and the school.

Not only did I go to New York to attend those fun-filled events. I also had the opportunity to meet up with one of the best artist and friend, Tyler(@TylerSap2001 on Twitter & Instagram). We hung out around Madison Square Garden talking about how surreal it is meeting up with each other. As well as the fact that we're both going to the same college. He's such an inspirational and motivating guy. You can tell he's passionate about what he wants to do and really cares about pursuing that goal of making his own cartoons for the world to see. It just makes me really happy knowing that someone i've looked up to multiple times is attending the same school as I am. He's just a really cool, chill, and caring guy. I wish the best for him. Of course, we drew and shared each others sketchbooks. I drew a couple of his characters for him to bring home and he drew an Alice for me. I really do want to get it framed if possible.

Okay! Enough of the Tyler-ing!  What other exciting things did I do while @ orientation? I'm sure most of you wouldn't expect me to go here, but one of the highlights of that day was the "Who's Who in Your Crew?" panel. It was basically a gathering for students part of the LGBTQ+ community. Though I am still questioning my sexuality everyone was fine with with me hanging out and relaxing. It was such a fun event full of kind, caring, and honest people. Some of the most generous folks I've ever met. I was really nervous at first due of my dumb shyness. Though after some talking with some of the attendees, I got over it. A majority of them shared so many interests with me and they all had astonishing art and things to say and talk about. This is what it feels like to make friends in person huh? It really gives me such a warm and happy feeling. Something I haven't felt in years. Not gonna lie, almost teared up when talking to them. I was so happy. If there are any spaces open for any LGBTQ+ clubs at my school,  I'm up for becoming a member(Also there was a big bowl full of condoms there lol wtf).


Overall, it was a day I cannot forget. Coming back home, just had to type this all down. The greatest day I ever had SVA so far. Giving up especially in education is something I need to stop doing. I want to see myself grow as an artist and to make my family proud of me. I want to make friends, connect, and well... just see myself be a better person. Things I didn't do throughout middle school and high school. To all of you I met at the orientation on Wednesday, August 28th, 2019. Wish the best for you and good luck. I believe in you!



Also it's my birthday today! YAAYOOOOOOOOWWW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment