Thursday, July 18, 2019

First Week Of My New Job - How Is It?

About a month ago, I sent an application to a grocery store applying as a cashier. My previous job at a factory did pay well and had it's perks, though I wasn't needed most of the time whenever I called in. In order to help my family and pay for college, I need to keep myself working. My sister told me about a supermarket that was hiring cashiers and I was up for it. The hiring process made me really nervous as it was my first time doing it. Was really happy to find out about being hired. But yeah, what are my personal thoughts on my first week of my new job? It's not that bad as I was expecting. It's probably because it's my first few days on the job but everyone's been treating me nice and were very helpful. It'll probably become worse as the weeks go by but for how it is going right now, not expecting it anytime soon. What are my responsibilities? I applied to be a cashier so there is that, but applying to one position doesn't mean you're solely working as that. Other tasks I have to do include stocking the shelves... and well... that's all the responsibilities that I can think of. As a cashier you're responsible for ringing up customers items and to make sure you give the correct amount of change. It was difficult at first but you soon get the hang of it as you go on. On thing I want to learn in it's entirety about the register are the PL codes for the fruits and vegetables. Now what the hell are PL codes you may ask? You see those stickers on your bananas and apples? There are four numbers(sometimes 5 but it depends) on it. The price of most fruits and vegetables are are determined by weight and since produce don't have bar codes on them and need to be weighed, we have to type it onto the register. I don't have to remember them all as the codes are on a sheet besides me but it would be quicker and easier if I did. So yeah. Final answer. Am I happy with the job? For what it is now. Totally! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment